Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Greediness Fulfilled (partially)

My new weights are awesome. Arms are sore just from holding them while doing various leg exercised today.

And! I've been wanting a Motorola Razr. All I've ever had is the crappy phones that come free with cell service. Today I saw an add for a free phone to new Cingular customers and I got fed up. I've been with them for 4 years and a new phone would cost me $80. So I called to tell them I wanted a Razr and didn't want to pay for it. You know what they said? "What color would you like?" A customer-service agent who is helpful and a company who cares about keeping its loyal customers? Get out your Good Books, I think the Apocalypse is a comin'.

Just e-mailed my resume today to a publishing company who is wanting someone to freelance proofread textbooks for them. I know there's no chance in hell they'll respond, but I've got to start trying something.

6 comments:

Tim E. (Whiz) said...

Good luck on the proofread job.

That's great about the phone. If I was "plugged in" enough to have a cell, I'd go with your provider.

Oh, and yay for weights! And an even bigger "yay" for you using them. :)

Sophie Playle said...

Good luck with the freelancing!

Anonymous said...

Amanda! I have finally gotten myself a blog! I will add you on my links bit.

And feel the burn with your weights!!

ffox said...

How's the phone?

BTW - if the proofreading didn't work out or you need more freelance gigs try Guru.com. It's free at the basic level.

ffox

ffox said...

Amanda

Just because were both trying the freelance market doesn't mean we can't be friends.

You stop being my friend now and I'll... I'll... I'll stick my bottom lip out. You hear?

Chris

Brian G Ross said...

Proofreadin' textbooks sounds like a chore... but I guess it all depends on the text.

You heard back from them yet?