Friday, December 22, 2006

The End is Nigh

It's 12:30. I'm sitting in my office just waiting for them to tell us we can leave early. They're going to tell us we can leave early, right? I've scheduled my day to include at least a three hour nap this afternoon.

Tonight it's steak dinner and a bottle of wine, and then tomorrow we head off to my parents' for Christmas, then to my mother-in-law's, then home for a day, and then off to Tampa. I don't think there's anything in the world I love as much as taking trips with my husband. He's the best traveling companion, and I really enjoy just being stuck in the car on long drives with him and nothing else to do but talk. This has been a long, hard semester for tons of reasons. It's such a good feeling at the end of the fall semester. I'm done with my class. I've finished up all my work and spent the last week getting things in my office in order. I have no responsibilites at all for 2 weeks. Going to read a book just because I want to, and maybe do some writing.

Aaaaaand, speaking of my class, I got an A! I was going to be satisfied with a B, but I made it! Part of me hopes that I really did well on my final, and that the professor didn't just take pity on my ignorant ass, but another part of me just doesn't care.

Oh! Time to go home! Merry Christmas all!

4 comments:

Tim E. (Whiz) said...

COngrats on the A. I am sure it was the former and not the latter.

Have a good coupla weeks. Give your husband a big, wet, sloppy kiss from me. There should be a strand of saliva as you pull away.

Steven J. Dines said...

Have a great Christmas, Amanda.

All the best,
Steven

Sophie Playle said...

Congrats on your A! I'm sure it wasn't because he took pity on you - mainly because that would be unethical :)

Hope you had a great Christmas.

Brian G Ross said...

Nicely done, Amanda. It has been a good while since I got an 'A' for anythin'.

Hope you had a great Christmas, and that you wore that Mrs. Claus outfit I sent ya!

;o)