Monday, December 11, 2006

Finals

Ugh. Finals week. For me, that means double-duty - taking care of my professors' exams, as well as studying for my final on Wednesday. I'm taking Phil of Religion this semester. It's really kicked my ass. I think I'll end up with an A or B in there, which is good considering the level and the fact that it's only my second-ever philosophy class. But, I kinda wish I'd waited to take it until I was a bit more able to take everything in. I'm keeping up, but all semester I had the sneaking suspicion that I was missing some really important stuff.

But, on the plus side, I'm really happy with the class. My goal was just to force myself to think about some of the issues of God and religion that I've had buzzing around my head for the past forever. I'm sort of an intellectual procrastinator. Seems like setting time aside to contemplate things wouldn't be that hard, but apparently it is.

History of Philosophy II is on deck for next semester. I can't wait because I'm totally deficient when it comes to more modern philosophers (as opposed to ancient and medieval philosophers, where I'm just mostly deficient). And, it's only a 200-level class with no papers.

2 comments:

Sophie Playle said...

I know this is strange, but I never actually knew what you did in that 'real world'. I studied Philosophy of Religion at A-Level. I enjoyed it.

Brian G Ross said...

Aah, university. How I miss her so.